DODI THOMPSON - RN
Dodi Thompson, RN, is an experienced Residence Manager and Nurse Administrator in active clinical practice. Daily hands-on patient care. 9+ years at an Assisted Living Facility. Adjunct Professor. Former Director of Emergency Services and Disaster Planning.
Glenn Park of Defiance 2014 – Present
- Glenn Park is the largest Assisted Living Facility in the area - more than 60 assisted living beds and 52 Independent Living beds.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations by completing all admissions, staffing, sales, finances, and clinical oversight.
- Daily rounds on patients.
- Draw labs and perform dressing changes.
The Defiance College 2019 - Present
- NRS 480 Nursing Leadership and Management
- NRS 498 Nursing Leadership Capstone
Northwest State Community College Fall Semester 2018
- Bus 223 Employment Law, Safety and Security
Director of Emergency Services and Disaster Planning 2011-2014
Wood County Hospital
Bowling Green, OH
- Responsible for scheduling, creating policies, and directing all levels of care for the 20-bed/ 2 trauma room E.R. Other duties included disaster planning for the entire hospital, coordinating with other agencies, and directing the medical care for the County Fair and National Tractor pulls.
- Manage a team of 50+ Registered Nurses, Residents, Mid-Level Providers, Paramedics, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Unit Secretaries
Mercy Hospital of Defiance 2004-2011
Vice President of Patient Care/Chief Nursing Officer
- Oversight and development of Nursing Services, Emergency services, Surgical Services, Respiratory Services, Pharmacy Services, Volunteers, Outcomes Management, Pastoral Care Services, Education, Disaster Preparedness, Process Improvements, Quality Assurance, Risk Management, and Support Services.
- Managing all aspects of care for the 23-bed inpatient/8-bed ER rural hospital.
Director of Nursing 2002-2004
- Direct supervision of 100+ nursing staff at a multi-specialty clinic.
Defiance Clinic 2001-2002
Supervisor of Surgical Services
- Work with surgeons and specialists to organize and structure their plan of care from office to outpatient surgical suite.
Defiance Hospital 1994-2002
Emergency Room RN
Master of Business Administration Defiance College Defiance, OH 2007-2009
Bachelor of Business Administration Defiance College Defiance, OH 2003-2006
Associate Degree in Nursing Defiance College Defiance, OH 1992-1994
Undergraduate Studies University of Toledo Toledo, OH 1989-1992
- Defiance City Schools Board member appointee (2019)
- Relay for Life Survivor committee member (2014-2022)
- Suicide prevention advisor for BGSU student team (2011-2014)
- Board member of Wood County Sexual Assault Response Committee (2011-2016)
- Board member of Wood County Alcohol and Drug Response Committee (2011-2015)
- Board member of Defiance County Medical Reserve Corp (2002-2022)
- Member of Defiance County Local Emergency Planning Committee (2003-2015)
- Member Northwest State Community College Nursing Advisory Committee (2002-2011)
- Member of Defiance College Nursing Advisory Council (2004-2023)
- Bylaw Committee member of Ohio Organization of Nurse Executives (2006-2011)